Taking advantage of the state`s amazing and diverse topography, Michigan has a large number of the most famous and celebrated golf clubs in United States of America. The vast and diverse terrain with scenic beauties all over the state makes golf a pleasant sport and the beautifully designed golf course spectacular.
According to the 1,100 members of the Course Ranking Panel of the Golf Digest biennial review of top public golf course venues of Michigan is elected by following seven criteria which includes scoring resistance, varieties in designs, values of shot, aesthetics, ambience, conditioning and memorability. Such five top golf courses are as follows.
- Arcadia Bluffs Golf Club, Arcadia– The scenic course of 265 acres is well situated over 180 feet above the Lake Michigan, resembling a rolling terrain and a wide spread natural beauty of seaside view. Players can enjoy a breathtaking view of Lake Michigan from each corner of the entire layout. Ballybunion and Lahinch are the two most favorite holes course.
- Forest Dunes Golf Club, Roscommon– Nestled within the Huron National Forest, the 1,300 aces of densely wooded land has entered its name into the premier golf courses of the state. This majestic layout features like scruffy sans, native dunes and water areas. The club also offers another golf course within the same premises named as The Loop, which has been designed by Tom Doak. He is a designer of Renaissance Golf Designs. It is designed in such a way that, playing in two different courses has the same fairway into the green areas, which can alternate its directions on a regular basis.
- Greywalls of Marquette Golf Club, Marquette– The entire golf course designed by Mike DeVries is a rugged natural beauty that provides a diverse variety of terrain which gives its players dramatic changes in elevation, a wild ride on the slopes and a breathtaking view of the Lake Superior.
- Lochenheath Golf Club, Williamsburg– Situated at the shore of the Grand Traverse Bay, the course offers you the scenic beauty of the crystal clear blue water and the cherry orchard owned by the Maitland family over 75 years. The prime features of this layout offers to its players are wide spread fairways, deep and well situated bunkers and the amazing rolling terrain.
- Tullymore Gulf Resort, Stanwood– Inspired by a village of Ireland, the layout was designed by the famous Jim Engh which features huge fairways with clear views of approaches. The resort provides five sets of t-shirts for each player of different levels along other luxuries facilities such as premium accommodations, fitness centers, pools and two clubhouses.
The Golf Association of Michigan was formed in 1919 and looks after the matters related to golf in the state and also takes care of the memberships of over 60,000 golfers who participate and Michigan golf resorts stay and play at more than four hundred golf courses across the state. Thus, near the near future more such majestic golf courses shall be developed by the authorities of the state for promoting the sport and for the betterment of the gofers.