Blood plays a very crucial role in our body. So it should be perfectly configured in our body. Our blood is consist of three types of cells i.e. Red blood cells that carry oxygen to our entire body, platelets that helps in clotting the blood and last but not the least white blood cells that prevent our body from infection. All the three cells has to be in a definite proportion for a healthy body. Here we will discuss about the disorder in our body due to the unwanted distribution of white blood cells named Leukemia. Also we will discuss the basic process for the cure of this disease.
What is Leukemia and Why How Does it Happen?
Before understanding the cure, you should know some basic things about this process. Leukemia is a kind of blood cancer that is caused by the rise in white blood cell in your body. The bone marrow of your body that makes millions of blood cells every day in which most of them are red blood cells, will start to produce extra white blood cells.
- These excess white blood cells disturbs the whole configuration of blood cells.
- In a result the red blood cells and platelets get crowded and unable to perform their functions normally.
- Extra white blood cells than requirement of body will not be able to prevent your body from infections.
Leukemia Marrow Transplant
There are many options for the treatment of this cancer depending upon the type of leukemia. This thing will be confirmed by the several diagnosis that your doctor will recommend you. Cell transplant is the one of the treatment for this disease. Also known as Stem cell transplant or bone marrow Transplant.
How it is done?
As discussed earlier, the bone marrow is that part which produces thousands of blood cells every day. In this leukemia marrow transplant or stem cells will be replaced with the new one. The process will be done in these simple steps.
- First off all heavy chemotherapy will be done, that involves removal of cancer cells from bone marrow. In this process certain type of drug will be injected in the effected body to kill the cancer cells.
- After the chemotherapy, the effect body will be infused with new stem cells. These stem cells can be either allogeneic or autologous, that means can be taken from a healthy donor or can be taken from the patient’s body itself. It totally depends on the type and stage of Leukemia disease.
After the stem cells transplant in bone marrow, it will start to grow new blood cells in required proportion.
Although according to some surveys, stem cell transplant is the most commonly used method for the cure of this blood cancer, but the method and type of treatment depends on the maturity of cancer. It also depends on the type of causing blood cells so it is highly recommended that you should go through the symptoms and consult to a specialist. Because prevention is always better than cure.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry
Address: 800 Yamato Rd suite 101 Boca Raton, FL
Phone: (800) 962-7769